Alzheimer’s In-Home Care: We’re Here to Help
Families who are caring at home for loved ones who may be experiencing a range of issues, from minor memory loss to full dementia, can turn for help to Community VNA. We are a compassionate agency that is skilled and highly experienced in caring for individuals with Alzheimer’s Disease and related dementia. At Community VNA, our specially trained and understanding staff is experienced in providing the extra support needed by caregivers to care for their loved one and to learn more about the caregiver skills they need.
The Alzheimer’s Assistance Program
The Alzheimer’s Assistance Program was created in 2001 by Community VNA in an effort to reach out and help the growing number of caregivers providing care at home for loved ones suffering from Alzheimer’s disease or other types of dementia. Grants received over the years from the following generous funders have allowed Community VNA to offer the Alzheimer’s Assistance Program at no charge to caregivers in our community:
- United Way of Greater Attleboro/Taunton
- Lloyd G. Balfour Foundation
- Fred M. Roddy Foundation Endowed Fund for Alzheimer’s Assistance Program
- Trier Memorial Endowed Fund
Community VNA’s Alzheimer’s Assistance Program helps caregivers who are caring for loved ones with Alzheimer’s disease or related dementia by providing them with free assessments, information, advice as well as caregiver respite time. The Program features:
- The program is managed by a team of specially trained professional staff, which includes a licensed social worker and a registered nurse;
- Guidance/recommendations for available community resources;
- Limited caregiver respite assistance by trained staff;
- Monthly caregiver support group, which is open to the public.
Alzheimer’s Disease Caregiver Support
Community VNA offers a monthly support group for caregivers of someone with Alzheimer’s disease or other related dementia. The group meets from 1:30 to 2:30 PM on the first Tuesday of each month at our Main Office, 10 Emory Street, Attleboro, MA.
For more information, contact our Alzheimer’s Caregiver Support group facilitator at 508.222.0118 (ext. 1327).
Contact the Alzheimer’s Assistance Program
For more information, or to make a referral to the Alzheimer’s Assistance Program, contact our Alzheimer’s Program Coordinator at 800.220.0110 (ext. 1328).