Unique Opportunity for Home Care RN
|Position Type||Part time Flexible hours|
|Hours Per Week||Flexible|
|Education Level||Massachusetts RN License|
|Years Of Experience||2|
|Position Status||Now Hiring!|
Unique opportunity to achieve work/life balance while juggling your day to day responsibilities! Work Friday and Saturday 9pm – 8am triaging calls, assessing the need for visits and then making visits if applicable. Assigned one weekend per month combined with a day schedule to create your work life balance. Compensation for on-call and per visit.
Call to chat about what might work best for you.
- Maintains competency and proficiency in relation to the skills inherent and required of an RN and as needed to safely and efficiently care for client population served the Agency. Skills include but are not limited to, venipuncture, infusion therapy, wound care, diabetic care, pediatric and maternal child health care and mental health skills
- Evaluate the nursing needs of the client;; initiates, develops, implements and makes necessary revisions to the client’s plan of care; addresses all problems in the plan of care or documents rationale for not doing so
- Initiates diagnostic, preventative and rehabilitative nursing procedures as appropriate to the clients care and safety; makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the client’s needs or documents rational for not doing so
- Communicates appropriate and necessary information to the LPN, physician and/or other appropriate health care professionals as often as needed, or upon changes in the client’s condition
- Teaches, supervises and assesses the client and family regarding information, procedures and other care needs as appropriate to the client’s condition and as ordered by M.D.
- Supervises, orients and teaches the LPN and home care aide; communicates the plan of care changes to the LPN, the aide and scheduler as often as necessary
Completes all documentation requirement with accuracy, timeliness and according to policy
Understands and applies appropriate case management skills in relation to the client’s plan of care
• Current Massachusetts nursing license
• Has experienced at least one year of successful practice in nursing or an equivalent combination of relevant education and experience
• Home care experience preferred