Palliative Care Nurse Practitioner
|Position Type||Full time/Part time|
|Hours Per Week||Up to 40|
|Education Level||Master of Science in Nursing required. Graduate of an accredited Advance Practice Registered Nurse Program.|
|Years Of Experience||5 years Nursing|
|Position Status||Now Hiring!|
|Location||Service area include portions of Bristol County|
The Palliative Care Advance Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) provides palliative care consultation visits to clients to assess and recommend a plan of care focused on symptom management, determination of disease trajectory, treatment options and end of life care. The palliative care APRN will assist in evaluating and coordinating care that is competent, compassionate and focused on enhancing quality of life and honoring the preferences of clients and their families.
• Licensed as nurse practitioner by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Board of Registration of Nursing. Unrestricted license to
practice in state and per Physician/ANP Standard Care Arrangement.
• National Certification as Geriatric, Adult or Family Nurse Practitioner. Advanced Certification in Hospice and Palliative Nursing
• Knowledge of medications and prescriptive authority per state law.
• Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years nursing experience
• Experience in hospice and palliative care is highly preferred