You Can Make a Difference
Volunteering your time is a wonderful way to benefit the important work of Community VNA. We have volunteer roles for those who would like direct contact with hospice patients and families, as well as options for those wishing to help in other ways, such as with clerical assistance or special event support or helping at our Adult Day Health Centers.
Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference.
Volunteers Do Many Things… Including:
- Visit a patient and/or family member (or other caregiver) to provide companionship and support
- Support family members (or other caregivers) to provide respite
- Stay with a patient to provide respite for the primary caregiver
- Help a patient and/or family member with errands
- Assist in various agency special events such as Spring Break Luncheon, 5K Run/Walk to Remember, Golf Tournament FORE Hospice, Service of Remembrance and Thanksgiving, Tree Lighting, and more
- Provide administrative support to various agency departments with light office projects and/or clerical duties
- Assist our staff in helping clients at one of our Adult Day Health Center (Mansfield, Norwood, Taunton)
All We Ask Is That You:
- Participate in a 20-hour Training Program
- Be Committed and Dependable
- Maintain Confidentiality
Meet Some of Our Volunteers!
“Volunteering for Hospice is a time to forget about ‘self’; to grow in understanding; to be with someone physically, emotionally, and spiritually.”
Carol | Volunteer since 1984
“It is good to be involved with this wonderful group of people who did so much to help my wife and I in the past.”
Geoff | Volunteer since 2016
“I am personally rewarded when given the opportunity to make a difference in someone’s life.”
Pam | Volunteer since 1997
“It is an honor to work with this compassionate group of volunteers sharing the same common goal – to make a difference in the life of another.”
Carolyn | Volunteer since 2006