Create a Legacy of Care
Community VNA was founded in 1911 by community-minded volunteers who donated their philanthropic and leadership support to bring the first services of trained, professional nurses to people in need in Attleboro. That enduring legacy of philanthropy is still evident today in all the programs of care provided by Community VNA.
However you chose to give, your gift will help us:
- provide skilled nursing and rehabilitative therapies, helping patients heal fast and more completely while enjoying the comfort and security of home;
- add life to the days of hospice patients, as well as free bereavement and grief support programs for their loved ones;
- serve as a resource for caregivers, family members and loved ones of those with Alzheimer’s and other forms of dementia;
- give seniors something to smile about by providing low-income adults, aged 60 and older, access to quality dental care at greatly reduced costs through our Elder Dental program; and,
- offer free community education and professional development programs throughout the year.
With your gift, you help us improve well-being and quality of life for the people of our southern Massachusetts region, regardless of a patient’s ability to pay or status of insurance.
We welcome an opportunity to answer questions, or provide additional information to guide your philanthropic goals and intentions. Please contact Jeffrey LaValley, Community Relations and Fund Development Manager, by phone at 1 (800) 220-0110 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ways to Give
10 Emory Street
Attleboro, MA 02703
What to Give
- RVs & Campers
- Farm Equipment
- Horse Trailers
With a bequest in your will, you can leave a legacy for the future that will cost you nothing right now. Instead, when your gift is received, it will be invested to produce permanent endowment income for the future care-giving needs of Community VNA, and for generations to come – forever. It’s a powerful choice. And it’s not difficult to put in place. The first step is making your wishes and intentions known to your lawyer, who will add a bequest to your will, per your directions.
Sample Bequest Wording:
- “I ___(your name)__ of ( your town, state, zip___) give, devise and bequeath to Community Visiting Nurse Agency, Inc., a 501 (c) (3) agency, now of 10 Emory St., Attleboro, MA, 02703, the following for its unrestricted use and purpose, or for the following purpose stated here _________________;
Then specify the gift, such as:
- A specific amount (such as $1,000 or $20,000, or $50,000, etc.)
- A percentage of a estate (such as 1% or 5% or 50%, etc.)
- A percentage of the residual of a estate after all other bequests (to children, grandchildren, etc.) have been fulfilled (such as 10% or 50% or 100% of residual)
- The description of the property to be donated (such as a 2010 Honda Accord, or X shares of XYZ stock)
Consider leaving Community VNA a donation of your IRA or retirement plan funds by naming us a beneficiary. Most retirement plans, including 401(k)s and IRAs, are income tax–deferred which means that income tax is due once the funds are distributed; either to you in life, or upon your death, to your heirs. Because taxes are due, retirement funds are among the most costly assets to leave to loved ones because the income taxes on retirement assets you leave to your loved ones can be as high as 35 percent.
However, retirement assets make ideal gifts to tax-exempt charitable organizations such as Community VNA. Donating your retirement assets to a charity upon your death generates no income taxes. Community VNA is a tax-exempt charity and eligible to receive the full amount of your gift with no taxes. You can designate other, non-taxable assets to your loved ones.
To name or change a beneficiary, simply contact the administrator of the IRA or retirement plan for a change of beneficiary form. If you would like to name Community VNA as beneficiary, simply decide what percentage of the plan’s value (0–100 %) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the stated percentage, on the beneficiary form. Then return the form to the administrator of your plan.
Please be sure to seek professional legal or financial advice before deciding who will get what assets in your estate plan, in order to ensure you are designating gifts in the most beneficial way.
For even more details on volunteering for Community VNA, plus the dates of upcoming Hospice Volunteer training classes, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator toll free at 1 (800) 220-0110 or locally at 1 (508) 222-0118, or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Special Giving Opportunities
Donations of any amount are gratefully accepted and can be designated in honor or in memory of a family member, friend, colleague or special loved one.
Your gift will help us to bring healing and comfort to those in our care.
In addition to an acknowledgement sent to donors, notification of gifts received will be sent to next of kin (or others, as requested) and never disclose the amount of the gift.
Suggested language for memorial tributes (to be included in obituary notices):
In lieu of flowers, donations may be made to Community VNA (or Community VNA Hospice), Attn: Development Office, 10 Emory Street, Attleboro, MA 02703.
Recharge, renew and reconnect with us as we celebrate the season of new beginnings and our mission to enhance the community’s capacity to achieve optimal health, wellness and quality of life. Since 2014, Spring Break has raised nearly $200,000 to support our long-standing tradition of offering free community programs and services, including caregiver and respite support for families of individuals with Alzheimer’s and related dementias; bereavement and grief support for hospice patients facing life-limiting illnesses; and, education and training opportunities for health care and other professionals.
The afternoon features a delicious Sunday brunch, raffles, a silent auction and more. Additional opportunities to support this event, include:
Tickets | Raffle & Auction Donations | Sponsorships
5K Run/Walk to Remember
Join us for a morning of good health, good fun and good friends – all for a great cause!
Proceeds benefit Community VNA Hospice and supports our multi-disciplinary Hospice Care team comprised of a medical director, nurses, social workers, spiritual and support staff, and volunteers who work together to provide a continuum of Palliative and Hospice Care Services that addresses physical, emotional, social, spiritual, caregiving, nutritional, safety and other needs of patients facing life-limiting illnesses.
Event features include include: free t-shirts for the first 100 pre-registrants; prizes; awards; and, raffles.
Additional opportunities to support this event, include:
Registration(s) | Raffle & Auction Donations | Sponsorships
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support Community VNA every time you shop – and it comes at no cost to you. It’s a donation made by Amazon in your honor. You just have to select us at Smile.Amazon.com and use Smile.Amazon.com instead of Amazon.com whenever you shop.
At Smile.Amazon.com, you will find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to the work we do.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Visit Smile.Amazon.com. It’s just like shopping on the regular site.
2. Sign in. You can use your existing Amazon credentials. If you don’t have an account, you can create a new one.
3. Start shopping. After you’ve chosen us as your charity [Community Visiting Nurse Agency, Inc., based in Attleboro, MA] – your shopping experience will be the same as it is on the Amazon website. Remember, your purchases on the main Amazon.com site do not support us, so please bookmark Smile.Amazon.com for the future.
4. Spread the word. Once you’ve checked out, Amazon makes it easy to spread the news to your friends through Facebook and Twitter. Please be sure to let everyone know you’ve supported Community VNA.
Click Smile.Amazon.com to sign up and start shopping.
Here’s how to get started:
1. Click Fundraisers in the left menu of your Facebook News Feed. You may need to click See More.
2. Click + Raise Money.
3. Select Nonprofit or Charity.
4. Select Community VNA as your charitable organization of choice, and fill in the fundraiser details, remembering to choose a cover photo.
5. Click Create.